An idol to many in the UK and USA - and yet idolatry is a sin! So lets smash this idol.
- Churchill and Eugenics. Churchill and the concentration camps.
Churchill did not believe in democracy as we see it - he was an aristocrat, and like many in his class, thought he was born to rule, and that others weren’t up to the task. When we think democracy, we think ‘one person, one vote’, and yet, Churchill was a big fan of Eugenics, he outright believed a lot of theories that today, we place solely on the shoulders of Nazis. He believed that only the ‘right people’ deserved a vote - more than that, the right to have children and the right to freedom full-stop.
Churchill believed in sterilising the ‘feeble-minded’ and criminal. He believed the best thing for the nation was to send untold thousands into forced-labour camps in order to ‘save the white race’ from ‘degeneration’. He didn’t believe the working-class to be white, more a degenerated race.
Whilst Home Secretary, he suggested:
'I propose that 100,000 degenerate Britons should be forcibly sterilized and others put in labour camps to halt the decline of the British race.'
Does this not sound somewhat like the foe he would fight against decades later…?
- Churchill the warmonger. Churchill the butcher.
Churchill loved war. For him, like many men of his class, it was the greatest game there was. Churchill did not of course fight in the First World War, yet it cannot be said he didn’t enjoy sending other men off to die from the comfort of his opulent London office:
'I love this war. I know it's smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment — and yet — I can't help it — I enjoy every second of it.'
It should be kept in mind that those thousands of 'smashed and shattered lives' were often the same people Churchill thought should be sterilised and put into forced-labour camps.
Churchill was also the creator the Black and Tan paramilitaries, which spread terror in the Irish Free State. They executed without trial, they raped, they murdered, they assassinated. They were terrorists.
- Churchill and the ‘White Man’s Burden’. Churchill and India.
Churchill outright did not believe that non-white nations or people were capable of governing themselves.
He believed Islam and Muslims were backwards and lethargic:
'How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.'
He believed that the best way to deal with ‘non-civilised’ peoples was to drop poison-gas on them:
‘I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes. The moral effect should be so good that the loss of life should be reduced to a minimum.’
And also talked of spreading a 'lively terror' amongst uncivilised peoples…
On India, Churchill viewed Gandhi as a phony and a fake, a 'seditious… lawyer, now posing as a fakir of a type well-known in the East’ and was fully in favour of letting him die when on hunger-strike. He was against Indian independence, but was not for looking after Indians when they were part of the Empire. During the Bengal Famine of 1943, up to three million Indians died due to food diversions, and a lack of action when the famine became apparent.
This was an artificial famine on par with the Holodomor.
Because Churchill stood against a man who was a mass-murderer, an ethnic-cleanser, a believer in state-terrorism, a eugenicist, a racist, it is believed he stood against these things.
He did not. He stood against power that threatened the British Empire. He believed in inferior races, he believed in concentration camps, he believed in sterilisation, he believed in state-terrorism, he allowed artificial famines.
- soursop-blood reblogged this from historical-hatred
- hellofreedomlover reblogged this from historical-hatred
- hellofreedomlover likes this
- biba-nova likes this
- melidaniela reblogged this from historical-hatred
- ragingredd likes this
- lionessen likes this
- joshmanicus likes this
- cyislander reblogged this from historical-hatred
- thecottonbud reblogged this from historical-hatred
- sailor-rurouni likes this
- emsiecat likes this
- audrey--parker likes this
- lucy-ripley likes this
- lucy-ripley reblogged this from historical-hatred
- heckhorse likes this
- saotome-michi likes this
- 429blankpages reblogged this from historical-hatred
- 429blankpages likes this
- andrewhickeywriter likes this
- ununnilium likes this
- shabogangraffiti reblogged this from historical-hatred
- sad-man-with-a-box reblogged this from historical-hatred and added:
- dykewithadick likes this
- svndog likes this
- andyboy70 likes this
- terraetvita likes this
- adenydd likes this
- bydbach reblogged this from historical-hatred
- boxemina reblogged this from schroedingerscas
- emperorirene reblogged this from historical-hatred
- darthperdition reblogged this from historical-hatred
- maggots-in-my-soul reblogged this from historical-hatred
- rudumbnexthype likes this
- wordtithe likes this
- vindr-blindheit reblogged this from projectmkdelta
- thestarstone likes this
- projectmkdelta reblogged this from historical-hatred
- poniatowskaja likes this
- poniatowskaja reblogged this from buzz-bomb and added:
- cap-awesome likes this
- sydthekiyd likes this
- sydthekiyd reblogged this from historical-hatred
- illusionaryfashion likes this
- sureething likes this
- spiritthatdenies likes this
- kaihire reblogged this from hippity-hoppity-brigade